Monday, July 20, 2009

Thousands of Words






Photography is such an amazing art form, and I am surrounded by talented photographers. These include friends of mine who live in Swaziland as well as my many friends who have come through to visit. So far however two of my visitors, my father and my friend Heather, have won the prize for the most captured "moments" in Swaziland. I have waited patiently, slowed the car, and been in awe at their quick skills with the numerous camera settings they flip to in order to capture the perfect picture. My friends Nick and Neal win the same prize among Swaziland residents who take fancy shots as well. But photography is not only about a fancy camera or a skilled artist. Anyone with a camera and an imagination can create art. So I dedicate the next few postings to photos I have gathered from various friends and family. I will start with some glimpses of African life with friends. Check out the headlamp I am wearing which is an important African wardrobe item, the John Deere tractor used in Sodwana Bay South Africa to pull and push our dive boat into the water, the night shots of the most beautiful lodge in Swaziland and finally, a fitting sign for my friends Amy and Heather to come across, as we all now have special spots in our hearts for Japan and Swaziland.

2 comments:

Jillie said...

Stephanie,
I love your posts and love seeing pics! Hope all is well.

Jill

Heather said...

Awww....what a nice post Stephanie!

(PS I gotta get that pic of us and the sign from you sometime. When you feel like waiting forever, please send me the photos you took while we were there.)