Friday, October 15, 2010

Road Trip through Namibia!






For those of you who might be worrying I spend all my time thinking about children with HIV, diarrhea and other illnesses, be assured that I spend plenty of time playing. My most recent excursion was with my friend Carolyn, who came back for her second visit to Africa! She was joined by her sister Liz, and together with my friend Tini, who has been living in Swaziland for two years doing "the budget of a small African economy", we journeyed to Namibia. We spent 8 days driving around the country, which is four times bigger than the UK but has only 2 million people! We drove over 2000 km, surviving with only one flat tire and one minor "stuck in the sand" incident. We loved the sands of Soussevlei, the dramatic Namibian scenery, and the animals of Etosha. We camped in tents, spent some nights in hostels, and spent one night in a luxury tented camp. We enjoyed plenty of food, friends and relaxation. I hope these photos will give you just a small taste of the exotic, striking landscapes that dazzled our minds for an entire week.

No comments: