Sunday, November 21, 2010

Malalocha magic





I just returned from an amazing weekend in my favorite park in Swaziland, Malalocha. A group of 30 drove the 45 minutes to stay the night in cabins, having a braai (grilling) and enjoying the beautiful almost summertime weather with a wonderful hike. The landscapes are inspirational, there are just enough animals to call it a game park, and the hiking is a workout with the rolling hills and sometimes steep climbs! Weekends like this remind me of all the natural beauty that surrounds me; I had fun looking back at photos of my favorite parks in Swaziland.

Phophonyane Falls has a beautiful lodge with some short hikes that end at a tremendous waterfall. A great peaceful spot with more amazing scenery.

Mlilwane in the beautiful Ezulwini Valley is a wonderful afternoon of strolling or hiking, with again just enough game to make each visit exciting. It is in the cultural heart of Swaziland and always seems like a special spot.

Finally, the rare Black Rhino can be seen in Mkhaya, a unique gamepark with gamedrives and open air cottages. I have enjoyed spending time at every one of these parks, each with its own unique Swazi character. But there is something about the magic of Malalocha that keeps me returning time and time again, I just can't seem to get enough.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We went to Phophonyane. Did we go to Milwane? I think we did.