Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Complements of the Season 2010"





I thought I would start out with the greeting that is most commonly used over in this part of the world..."Complements." I had a relaxing New Years weekend, which was extended into 4 days when the king decided three days prior to declare the Monday after new years a public holiday for one of the sacred Swazi festivals. We traveled to a small game park in the corner of Swaziland, where our evenings consisted of fires, with the morning after pictured above. I am truly enjoying the current summertime weather, sweating on hikes and swimming in rivers and pools. I have especially enjoyed watching fireflies congregate at night by the river; for some reason the images remind me of Japan. Finally, you all might find it interesting that we had two countdowns to usher in 2010. The cell phones here are not linked to give the time, so at the concert venue where we were the DJ just decided that at about 1205 there should be one countdown, followed a few minutes later by another louder countdown. I'm not sure what the significance of two countdowns actually means, but I am expecting it means that 2010 will be twice as great!

1 comment:

Belen said...

More blogging! Hope all is well. We miss you.