Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cape Town!






I have been to Cape Town a few times for a few days. And I have never been disappointed. Each time I go, I do some of the same, and something a bit different. I always enjoy coffee, icecream, seafood and city life. There are so many things to do I'll tell you about just a few....
1. Walking around the Cape of Good Hope, taking in the water and waves of the most South-Western point in Africa. The drive here has amazing scenery as well.
2. Exploring the Cape Town waterfront with its shops, crowded atmosphere, and amazing views of Table Mountain.
3. Seeing the penguins at Boulder beach and eating at the Olympia Cafe, a cute cafe in a cute town along the coast.
4. Enjoying amazing sushi and amazing seafood (the Codfather to name but one place).
5. Sundowners in Camps Bay beach, even in the wind.
6. Hiking up Table Mountain, and then even better, hiking up Lion's Head for great views of Table Mountain.
7. Enjoying some great wines, and then carrying them back to Swaziland.
8. Shark diving. This is entering a cage off the side of a boat and watching great white sharks swim by.
9. Ordering drinks and food at a restaurant and finding the restaurant has everything on the menu.
10. Spotting Table Mountain and its table cloth (the clouds) from every place in and around the city.
11. Seeing where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on Robben Island.

The pictures I'm posting are only a sampling...penguins, scenery, and a view of Table Mountain from the Robben Island ferry. If you look closely below Lion's Head peak, which is just to the right of Table Mountain, you will see the new stadium, bright and shiny and ready for the World Cup 2010!

So...if anyone is headed to Cape Town, let me know! I'll gladly manage another trip to meet and greet you in my favorite big city in this part of the world.

3 comments:

Jillie said...

You make me think I need to start planning a trip! It sounds wonderful, and you have single handedly moved it up in my list of places to visit. And Happy Birthday!

LeslieN said...

World Cup! woohoo!!

and yes, happy birthday Stephanie! Thanks for sharing all of your stories

Leslie

Carrie said...

I can't believe you got in a cage to watch sharks swim around you. Now all you need to do is jump out of the cage and resuscitate a dolphin and it will be a perfect metaphor for your life!
But seriously, don't do that.