Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Worth reading...

While enjoying a cup of coffee and reading the New York Times online on Sunday morning, a habit I picked up in Africa and have continued ever since, I was surprised to come across my colleague in both an article and video, featured in the April 3rd edition. The title is, "Doctors go far afield to battle epidemics", and I highly suggest you read this article. Paul and I trained for the Pediatric AIDS Corps together; he headed to Lesotho while I headed to Swaziland. The sentiments expressed in the article and video are spot on. Check it out!

3 comments:

Martha Smith said...

Stephanie, thanks for alerting me to that fascinating article, a window into your activities for the past few years. Interesting that a doctor who once worked at Arlington Hospital is now in Lesotho with her daughter-physician. I'll bet the people in Mbabane miss you a lot. With the news from Japan, I've thought of you often and wondered if the town where you lived was affected. Hope you're enjoying Houston.

Stephanie said...

So glad you looked at this article, even with the cost of the NYT online! Please look me up when you come through Houston. And thanks for thinking of me; all my friends in Japan are safe as they were on the southern island of Kyushu. They are still in shock though and of course worried about the future...

Heather said...

Thanks. I will check it out. Because I'm your techy friend, I feel compelled to tell you that you can link to the article in your blog post very easily...people are more likely to click on the link than search for the article themselves. (Sorry..can't help it...this is what I do every day.) :)